The Localism Act 2011 introduces new standards arrangements for Members of Authorities from the 1 July 2012. In implementing these new arrangements the Authority has:
- Adopted a new Code of Conduct for Members and Co-opted Members.
- Approved arrangements for dealing with breaches of the Code.
- Set up a Register of Members' Interests; and
- Appointed an Appeals and Standards Committee.
Code of Conduct
- The Code requires Members to act in conformity with the Seven Principles of Public Life - selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership; and
- Sets out the pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests that Members must register and disclose. The interests referred to as disclosable pecuniary interests are specified in statutory regulations.
A copy of the Code can be viewed here.
The CLG have also published guidance for Members on the disclosure of interests.
Register of Members' Interests
Individual Members' Register of Interests can be viewed by clicking on the name of the relevant Member below:
The Register is open for inspection by the public at the Authority's offices at 18 Regent Street, Barnsley during normal office hours. To arrange to inspect the Register please e-mail Linda Noble at LNoble@syjs.gov.uk or telephone (01226) 772931.
Arrangements for dealing with Breaches of the Code
The arrangements approved by the Authority for dealing with alleged breaches of the Code can be viewed here.
Appeals and Standards Committee
The Terms of Reference for the Appeals and Standards Committee can be viewed here.
How to Complain about a Member of the Authority
If you wish to make a complaint about a Member of the Authority please write to, or e-mail:
or use the Contact Us form at the top of the page.