If you have any questions about the Police and Crime Panel you can use the Contact Us form or contact one of the officers below:
Martin McCarthy, Deputy Clerk / Deputy Monitoring Officer (PCP)
Tel: 01226 772808
Linda Noble, Principal Policy Officer
Tel: 01226 772931
Andrew Shirt, Senior Democratic Services Officer
Tel: 01226 772207
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) you have a general right of access to all types of 'recorded information held by public authorities.
When you ask for information under FOIA we have to:
- Confirm or deny that we hold the information requested.
- Acknowledge your request within five working days.
- Give you the information you have asked for within 20 working days of receiving your request.
- Provide you with a 'reasonable' level of assistance to gain access to our information.
- Inform you of the exemption that applies if we are not releasing the information you want.
- Advise you how to appeal if you are not satisfied with our response.
Please note, that in rare cases, where we calculate that it will cost more than £450 to collate and provide the information you have requested we may decline to provide the information. In such cases we work out the costs and issue a Fee Notice to you. If you pay the fee within 3 months we will then provide the information.
How to make an information request under FOI
Your request must:
- Be in writing (fax or e-mail are acceptable). We cannot take FOI requests by phone.
- Contain a contact name and address - we may need to contact you to clarify the request. A telephone number would also be useful and we will need somewhere to send the information.
- Contain a description of the information required.
Your request should be addressed to:
In writing to: Barnsley MBC, Customer Feedback and Improvement Team, PO Box 634, Barnsley, S70 9GG.
The Police and Crime Commissioner's office also have a Freedom of Information procedure.
Please find details here.
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Information Commissioner's office at:
Customer Services Team, Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.