The Robin Hood Airport Consultative Committee (RHACC) is the forum via which the management of Doncaster Sheffield Airport Limited interacts and exchanges information and ideas with communities in the vicinity of the airport, local authorities, local business representatives and other Airport users and other interested parties.
The Committee has been facilitated by SYJS since 2005. SYJS officers are the appointed secretaries to the Committee and responsible for servicing all meetings.
The role of the RHACC is:
- To foster communication and build understanding between the airport, its users, local residents and the business community.
- To stimulate the interest of the local population in the development of the airport.
- To consider the impact of the airport operation on the environment, surface access, employment, the local and regional economy, and the circumstances of local communities and their residents.
- To monitor the implementation of the Airport Operator's commitments made under the Section 106 Agreement between the Airport Operator and Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council.
- To consider and comment upon consultative reports, as required.
- To facilitate constructive discussion to resolve differences, when required.
The work of the Committee is explained in more detail in its constitution.
As stated in the Government's Guidelines on Consultative Committees, it is not intended that consultation through the Committee should detract from the responsibility of management to manage the Airport. Rather the aim is to provide an effective forum for the discussion of all matters concerning the development or operation of the Airport, "which have an impact on the users of the aerodrome and on people living and working in the surrounding area".
For further information, please contact the Committee Secretary c/o SYJS