The Robin Hood Airport Consultative Committee (RHACC) is the forum via which the management of Doncaster Sheffield Airport Limited interacts and exchanges information and ideas with communities in the vicinity of the airport, local authorities, local business representatives and other Airport users and other interested parties.
The Committee has been facilitated by SYJS since 2005. SYJS officers are the appointed secretaries to the Committee and responsible for servicing all meetings.
The role of the RHACC is:
- To advise Doncaster Sheffield Airport Limited on any matter which it may refer to the Committee;
- To consider any question in connection with the operation of the Airport as it affects the communities represented or the amenities of the neighbourhood;
- To make suggestions to the Managing Director of Doncaster Sheffield Airport Limited on any matter connected with the administration of the Airport which could further the interests of the communities represented;
- To stimulate the interests of the local population in the development of the Airport; and
- To protect and enhance the interests of the users of the Airport.
The work of the Committee is explained in more detail in its constitution.
As stated in the Government's Guidelines on Consultative Committees, it is not intended that consultation through the Committee should detract from the responsibility of management to manage the Airport. Rather the aim is to provide an effective forum for the discussion of all matters concerning the development or operation of the Airport, "which have an impact on the users of the aerodrome and on people living and working in the surrounding area".
For further information, please contact the Committee Secretary c/o SYJS