South Yorkshire Pensions Authority recognises that Risk Management is an important element of effective corporate governance. The Authority is therefore committed to:
- Developing and maintaining a systematic approach for the identification, evaluation and cost effective control of risks that threaten the achievement of the Authority’s corporate objectives;
- Ensuring that effective risk management is embedded in its business processes.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- ensure that risks to the achievement of the corporate objectives of the Authority are eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level; safeguard the reputation of the Authority;
- raise awareness of, and integrate risk management into the culture of the Organisation;
- manage risk in accordance with best practice by identifying roles and responsibilities;
- prevent injury and damage and reduce the cost of risk;
- protect the Authority’s assets; and
- maintain effective stewardship of the Authority’s funds and demonstrate good corporate governance.
Risk Management Policy