PAGE UNDER REVIEW
The Localism Act 2011 introduces new standards arrangements for Members of Authorities from the 1 July 2012. In implementing these new arrangements the Combined Authority will:
- Adopt a Code of Conduct for Members;
- Approved arrangements for dealing with breaches of the Code;
- Set up a Register of Members' Interests;
- Appoint a Scrutiny and Overview Committee.
Code of Conduct
- The Code requires Members to act in conformity with the Seven Principles of Public Life - selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership; and
- Sets out the pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests that Members must register and disclose. The interests referred to as disclosable pecuniary interests are specified in statutory regulations.
Register of Members' Interests
Individual Members' Register of Interests can be viewed by clicking on the name of the relevant Member on the Members' page.
The Register is open for inspection by the public at the Authority's offices at 18 Regent Street, Barnsley during normal office hours (details below).
How to Complain about a Member of the Authority
If you wish to make a complaint about a Member of the Combined Authority, please write to, or e-mail:
The Deputy Monitoring Officer
South Yorkshire Joint Secretariat
18 Regent Street
Or use the Contact Us link at the top of the page.